Include BHA In Your Will or Estate Planning

A Planned Gift Impacts Families in Need for Years to Come

It is estimated that 60% of  Americans who die each year, do so without a will or any estate plan in place. What happens when people die without a will? State law provides a “one size fits all” will to care for distribution of your estate. Your will is an important part of an effective estate plan, and something you can provide for loved ones, your church, and any other charitable organization you desire to provide for in this way.

A Gift in Your Will: Getting Started

We hope you’ll consider including a gift to Brethren Housing Association in your will or living trust. Called a charitable bequest, this type of gift offers these main benefits:
Simplicity. Just a few sentences in your will or trust are all that is needed. The specific legal bequest language for Brethren Housing Association is: “I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to Brethren Housing Association, [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
Flexibility. Because you are not actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change your mind at any time.
Versatility. You can structure the bequest to leave a specific item or amount of money, make the gift contingent on certain events, or leave a percentage of your estate to us.
Tax Relief. If your estate is subject to estate tax, your gift is entitled to an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift’s full value.

If you have any other questions about how to include the ministry of BHA in your estate plans or planned giving, feel free to contact Crystal Brown, Executive Director at or 717-233-6016. For more information about many different ways to give a legacy gift, click here.

Note: This information is provided by Everence Charitable Services. For more information or to speak with a Charitable Services Representative, please call (717) 653-6662. BHA is not engaged in rendering specific legal or tax advice, so we recommend you contact your professional legal or tax advisor when considering this type of gift.